Curatorial for Imperial Measures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Get Togethers....

2 posters

Go down

Group Get Togethers.... Empty Group Get Togethers....

Post  msilver Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Hey guys.
So today Jenna, Lauren, Priscilla and I went to class and it was extremely productive, except for
we talked about how it' hard to function and make decisions when so many of our decisions rely
on other aspects of the curatorial component and not everyone is in class.
I know we agreed at the beginning of the week that we didn't all have to come in to class this week because we wouldn't need to meet,
but I just thought I'd put forth the suggestion that we choose either Tuesday or Thursdays to always go to class because
so many things can happen within those few days that we need to communicate regularly to smoothly
transition into the show and make progress.
I know this blog is supposed to be the thing that mostly keeps us in contact but we don't use it as often as I think sometimes
we need to, and we all seem to better with oral communication so I just thought that this might be a good idea to put on the table.
I think Steve and Dave's class time is excellent time that is already set aside for us to work in a group format, so hence
why I suggest that. It also gives us a chance to communicate with the artists that we're working with, which is convenient for both
jenna and I, as well as Lauren (i think).
I know for next week Tuesday is important, as it is prototype day, so being there will help us all get a sense of what the show
will round out to be, but maybe we make Thursdays the mandatory day for all of us, that way we meet at the beginning of the week and
near the end, to touch base regularly?
It's just a thought guys that I figured I'd throw out there to help keep the ball rolling.
Don't feel obliged to agree, just let me know what your thoughts are on our communication!

Cheers!

msilver

Back to top Go down

Group Get Togethers.... Empty Re: Group Get Togethers....

Post  Admin Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm

That's fine with me to meet every Thursday but I think we should evaluate it week by week because sometimes we probably don't all need to meet. I'm not really sure that we need 6 hours a week of meetings. We absolutely need to meet on Thursdays when we don't have Monday meetings. If people decide to go to classes that it hasn't previously been agreed upon that we would meet in please just update the forum with what you talked about. Since only Geoff and I were missing from today's discussion you guys were probably able to discuss many of the aspects of the show because really only graphic design wasn't represented. If you individually have things you'd like to run by me just email me or call me 905.617.222. That said, oral communication is absolutely the best so we should try very hard to meet up and talk things through.

I'd love to hear what you guys talked about, maybe we can have a little informal talk tonight at the new media gallery opening. Do we know if Matt and others from OCAD are coming?

Admin
Admin

https://curatorial.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down