Curatorial for Imperial Measures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placement requests

2 posters

Go down

Placement requests Empty Placement requests

Post  javrichs Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 am

Steph and Tara

1) we need a space 2ft by 5ft....at least
2) somewhere near a power source
3) if possible in an area that has a nice traffic flow as the more people the merrier for our piece.

Danny Nguyen

-Not too bright. As in, as long as there are no lights ON above the piece (around is ok, as long as they're a good distance away), we should be fine.
-Not that much space, as long as it's from one side of the room to the other
-Away from other sound pieces...well pieces that won't drown out our sound are ok
-Two rooms, preferably one at OCAD and one at Ryerson
-A power outlet on one of the walls, preferably in line with our piece (to make it less complicated, as the power cord will be dragging) We don't want it to be all over the floor.

Devin, Rob, Cole, Justin

Darkness
Access to Multiple Power Outlets
Ceiling capable of hanging grid (some way to attach it)

Some kind of hallway type space. If we cannot get a hallway space, we need to know as soon as possible
as we need to construct the grid to hand the tubes from. The dimensions of the grid are dependent upon
the space we are in.

Extension Chords (to connect light systems to wall outlets)
Computers with Arduino Software, Max/MSP/Jitter, and Processing (Cole has one for sure, probably can
get another one)

Carly, Bryan, Andrew, John

some sort of grid to hang our orange dispenser (which we are aiming to be less than 50lbs.) We call dibs on the bench at ocad. and we will need 2 comps for the networking part. (but keep in mind if it comes down to it then john and i can use our laptops) and we want to be close to other pieces.

Mellissa, Samantha, Phuoc, Svet

- 2 projectors
- One room with a very high ceiling. We need to be able to video track and project from above. We also need about a 16 x16 foot space on the floor to track.
- The tank can be placed nearly anywhere as long as it is in a dark space. We need approximately 3 x 8 ft for the tank space.
- Both of our locations ideally should be in a dark or dimly lit space.
- Our piece is a sound peice so it would be great if we were not in the same room as another group doing sound. (Both of our locations generate audio)

Jenny, Jeff, Mellissa

Technical:

1 microphone from the cage
2 mac laptops from RCC
Max MSP
Two speakers

Curatorial:

Location 1: a high traffic area, such as a hallway (preferably near the water cooler project, or another area where people would wish to sit down), 8 feet wide by 3 feet deep, against a wall

Location 2: a lesser populated room, preferably somewhere in the middle of the room with two spotlights to shine on it, approximately 5 x 5 feet

also, is it possible to have both of our locations at Ryerson campus??

Jeanette, Emma

Well we were happy about having the 'water bar' in the new media gallery we thought that the projector would work to our advantage.

We were also happy with having a dark room for our columns of light.

So if everything stays that way then our needs have been met.

We are still unsure as to whether we are going to stick with the columns of light or just use a plain wall and project light

Bart, Colleen

1) Two rooms that are able to fit about 15 objects/chairs/stools(in each room)
2) A well lit room for now because most objects are not using a light sensor unless we use photocells that enable us to need some darkness
3) Preferably we would like to be placed in a room around projects that do not emit loud noise, since our piece focuses on sound
4) We may collaborate with other pieces, so some may need to be beside ours, but we are not positive.

Technical:
1) Two mac laptops
2) Power outlets
3) Mac Keyspan adapters
4-5) unsure for now

missing 2 groups i believe. but i finally got everyone to give me some idea. me and mal will have to rethink previous placements which will hopefully be more or less decided this week. We will also be going to ocad tomorrow to take pictures of the spaces

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Placement requests Empty Re: Placement requests

Post  javrichs Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

Josh, James

1 projector (if possible)
2 dark rooms for our 2 nodes

just got this. also i don't remember every group member so thats why some ppl might be missing

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Wow people were quite prompt! That's awesome. There was one thing I noticed though, Devin's group mentioned extension cords like it was something we provided for them. Obviously giving them extension cords isn't our responsibility so if you feel that's how they meant it that needs to be explained.

Admin
Admin

https://curatorial.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm

I forgot cam gave me his in class written

Cam, Dee, Rose, Craig

2 macbooks
Ground Power outlet!
Lit room or somewhere we can hang lights

javrichs