Curatorial for Imperial Measures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized

5 posters

Go down

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Empty Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:14 pm

So I have now gathered all three floorplans (IMA, RCC, OCAD) and I will be posting stuff soon that relates to the placements

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Empty Re: Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Ok so I have been working on the placements. I just kinda need approval from everyone and then I will post them on facebook. Also I am going to try and make my own version of the maps, so that way we have a variety to pick from. Anyways here are room placements and hallway placements thus far. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Also I did the measuring of most of the rooms (expect the ones in IMA)

Also I have made a colour coded label chart. I have been talking to Geoff so these colours are going to be their identity colour. I figured the best way for us to keep everything consistent is to have the hex codes for each group.

Label Identity Colours
Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Labels10

Placements
Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Rm322_10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Rm323_10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Hallwa10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Rm357_10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Shooti10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Multim10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Integr11

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Hallwa11

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Empty Re: Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:40 pm

I forgot to mention, the measurements are fairly accurate not 100% (as in might be off by like 1" or 2)

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:45 pm

I already started the maps today Jenna.
I thought I was doing them.

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:18 pm

well I know you wanted to do the maps free hand. I thought I would try maps based on the floor plans I had gathered. I didn't realize it would be an issue if we both tried these maps and see which works best.

all i posted was floor plans for individual rooms.

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Empty colours and spelling

Post  kpirrie Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks for the hex colours Jenna. great.
Re OCAD project. Wasn't it the Blind Architect? If it has changed, we should be use 'vicarious'.

Kathleen

kpirrie

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 pm

sorry im a terrible speller. I am going to post my version of the floor maps soon. I have no clue whether a legend is suppose to be involved though?

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:42 pm

Ok so I have done my version of the floor maps/placements. I am really confused as to what is involved in this. Are they going in the pamphlet? Online? Is a legend needed or will there be a master legend separately. Anyways, I have done these maps based on the floor plans so they should be accurate and proportionate(i drew over the actual floor plans).

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Ima_ma10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Ocad_m10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Rcc_ma10

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Here are the maps that Ella and I have been collaborating on!

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finald10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finald11

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finald12

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finall10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finall11

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finall12

Geoff we're hoping to test out the maps without the names in the labels - is there any chance we could post those ones too? The maps don't need
to be printed yet, as Steve is still manipulating some spaces for OCAD, but by Sunday if I could have them that would be great!

Also, these are up for criticism, Ella and I were just testing things out for the program....
I really do like the labels, but I do think that not having titles in them would be great!

Let me know what you guys think!

P>S> are we all meeting in class tomorrow?

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoff Watson Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:30 pm

I like the use of the labels. I've send the PSDs to Ella and Jenna - so between you guys, you should be able to remove the names however if you can't figure it out, give me a call. I'm really too busy to do it myself or I really would.

Looks awesome!

Geoff Watson

http://www.geoffwatsondesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm sorry Goeff, I totally wasn't thinking. I will do it. No sweat!

Admin
Admin

https://curatorial.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:13 am

sorry to both of you.
ella I didn't realize you had it - sorry I jumped the gun on posting things.
and geoff sorry to make it sound like I was asking another favour - I just didn't know others had them already, my apologies!
you've been amazing so far!
Thanks so much for everything!

ella and jenna, could one of you post the labels without names? please and thanks.

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoff Watson Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:34 am

haha no worries, I know your intentions weren't to ask me Smile was just making sure we were both on the same page !

Geoff Watson

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Personally I think that the labels on the map looks really busy. They labels are already next to the descriptions and by the projects...it just seems a bit much. The real identifier is the colour...I believe that is enough.

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:51 pm

So I redid the maps without names on the labels to see what that looked like and I think they've turned out to be my favourite.
They seem to tie the whole idea behind the identifiers together for me, but what do you guys think?
Maybe Ella you could print a tester program twice, once with dots, once with labels?

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finaln10

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finaln11

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finaln12

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoff Watson Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I like these a lot, except I think they are too big. Maybe a bit smaller would be a compromise between Jenna's and yours? I've also suggested Jenna to try her dots with a white outline and faint drop shadow. Either might work.

Geoff Watson

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Ok so i only had the map i created so I tried to do something as a compromise cause i just think it looks to busy. If everyone else likes it with the labels then that is fine. but its just not my cup of tea.

Here is trying to get dots to look a little more dynamic
Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Ima_ma11

Here is using the data things from the logos (so not the full logo itself)
Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Ima_ma12

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Alright.
I'll try the smaller labels too to see what happens.
I"m off to class right now, but i'll post them by tonight!

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:35 pm

ok last one i swear

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Ima_ma14

Last edited by javrichs on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Personally I like the size of the labels. Remember, each map is going to be about 2X2in so they need to be big enough to see.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:37 pm

then y don't u try shrinking it down to 2x2 and see how it looks

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Finaln10

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:03 pm

Ok so apparently exaggerating the smallness of the map size for emphasis was a mistake. It was partially my serious lack of sense of space, partially for effect. I've learned my lesson lol.

Since this has become such a contested topic this is the mockup for the inside of the program. This image is 11x17. Save the image to see the whole thing.

Floor Plans and Placements - More or Less Finalized Program2

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 am

I think it looks good Ella.
Do you think we should still try with smaller labels guys?

what are all your opinions?

should we test a few?

I think using the labels is a good way to associate the placements with the identification system.
I think it ties things together...but ya.
What do other's think?

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down