Curatorial for Imperial Measures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labels For the Projects

4 posters

Go down

Labels For the Projects Empty Labels For the Projects

Post  javrichs Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 am

So some things might need to be adjusted...but here is what they are for the moment

Labels For the Projects Bobot_10

----------------------------------------------------------------

Labels For the Projects Brain_10

---------------------------------------------------------------

Labels For the Projects Citrus12

-------------------------------------------------------------

Labels For the Projects Disper11

Labels For the Projects Lumi_n10

Labels For the Projects Retro_10

Labels For the Projects Secret12

Labels For the Projects Sound_10

Labels For the Projects Standa11

Labels For the Projects Water_10

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Labels For the Projects Empty Re: Labels For the Projects

Post  msilver Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:49 pm

I'm working on some testers right now Jenna, I think that some of them need to be rearranged, just because others are so much more visually appealing than some - like I think brain waves right now is really chunky and not appealing - it doesn't flow, like i think that it should for their project.

i'll see if i can figure anything out.
could you post the colours up so that we all have access to them please?
thanks.

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I think the colours are pretty obvious don't you? The labels I created are all up with their selected colours. Listing would just be repetitive.

Also it is up to the group to decide on their own labels I believe. Their input is important and if they like it then so be it, if not then it can be changed.

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Personally I think the two of you should make the decision about how each label looks. Asking the groups will take awhile and probably won't be that helpful in the end.

Also have you tried printing these on acetate? Or have you thought how this are going to be put up?

They look really good by the way, all I'd say is Retro Perspective and Standard need to be tweaked because the titles are totally readable.

Admin
Admin

https://curatorial.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Ella, I agree...I think if we involve the groups too much it'll get complicated, but I do think we have to make them look attractive
and keep their projects in mind.

Also - I didn't realize we were talking about printing them on acetate - which is a cool idea and I'm totally up for it, but what do you think
about that with the non-existent budget ella, with it work out? Can we slip it into printing costs somewhere?

I agree on changing retro perspective and standard - I didn't realize what was so puzzling about them until you pointed that out Ella, so thanks for that.

Also, Jenna, as i play with the code here on the computer, I like the ones that are created to be more spread out, where you can see the individual lines, like, Citrus Support, Bobot and Disperse. I think they look the nicest and the ones like Standard, and Sound Chairs aren't quite as appealing...I'm totally cool if you want to continue to do the design, I know you want to hold on to that, so that's cool, but could we try some different ones, I think it's important for them to all be visually aesthetic and the ones that are closer together just aren't.... and then maybe when we try them differently they won't look better either, but I'd jut like to try...could we? I think it'll be a good experiment.

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 pm

now that I look at Jenna, actually it's really just Standard, Brainwaves, Retrospective and maybe Water Colour that I don't think are as visually appealing (though I'm hesitating with water colour because their colour is so pretty it doesn't really matter). Could you possibly experiment with
more dispersed shapes for those, just to see how it looks? thanks!

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoff Watson Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Jenna if you come to the party early tonight I can help you create them ! Cool

Geoff Watson

http://www.geoffwatsondesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:32 pm

also, if you need any other help (clearly I won't be as good as Geoff) I'm available too of course!
(i should have said that at first, sorry, I just got excited about how good things look).

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:47 pm

i feel pretty stongly about including the groups in the final decision of the labels. i dont mind doing extra work to get that input. i don't mind changing things but personally i would rather talk to the groups about it. i want them to be happy with it first and foremost. different ppl have different views on aesthetics and what appeals to them visually. it the group is happy then i say leave it. if they aren't then there is a need for change

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:09 pm

I talked to some people last night and I don't think they care all that much what their specific symbol is, they care more about the overall concept and they really seem to like that so I think we're good. Also I think you guys should move onto the next task. The show is approaching quite quickly and things need to get straightened out.

Also, Geoff is going to redo putting the symbols on the white background anyways to make sure they aren't pixelated and will print properly. So maybe you guys can change your focus and pass this job along to Geoff now that the concept is decided upon.

Have you guys thought anymore about the string or other way finding devices? We need signs or something out front of each building. Possibly balloons or something to grab people's attention. There's quite a lot to be done and time is slipping by.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:25 pm

Hey guys!
Alright, when we're testing the web design thing for wayfinding I don't think any design really worked for us...
I think the string we agreed was the best option, but I don't know if we can get from the string the look that we'd like to get
for the whole show.
Any thoughts on any of this?
Any new material options?

Maybe we do the thing that we wanted to do outside, but inside... marked on the ground with rulers.

"you've walked 30 feet from the door"

"you're now a full python away from the door'

"you still have 3 flights to go before you get to the 10 feet mark"

you know? maybe that's not the best idea, but maybe it's simple?

Maybe we go back to the idea of cheesy flags that look like our icon? hanging? - they could be made of paper.
it might actually go well...

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:31 pm

I would like us to come up with another way to do the string type thing. I don't think the flags are that interesting and I don't think writing on the floors inside would be that dynamic. Did you just veto the red string because it doesn't match any colours in our logo?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  javrichs Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm

the string doesn't have to be red it can be green. It wasn't vetoed either.

javrichs

Back to top Go down

Post  msilver Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 pm

How goes the repixelating of the labels Geoff?

msilver

Back to top Go down

Post  Geoff Watson Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Haven't completed any yet ! Been busy working on the public site and some other homework.

Geoff Watson

http://www.geoffwatsondesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down